Information Technology (IT) Project Manager Job Duties:
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Technical Management
- Technical Understanding
- Analyzing Information
- communications Skills
- presentations and Executive Assistance skills
- Problem Solving
- Developing Budgets
- Strategic Planning
- Quality Management
- Stakeholder Managements